10. If you plotted the wealth distribution in the US in 2020, would it have positive or negative skewness?
11. The following are the ages of all people that visit a store between 2p-3p on Wed 3/18/2020.
3 7 17 18 27 27 29 31 38 39
a. Is this a sample or a population? Explain your answer.
b. Calculate the coefficient of skewness using the Person method.
c. Calculate the coefficient of skewness using the software method (equation 4-3 in the book)
20. Consider the following survey question: What do you think of this high-quality, top-bean coffee?
(Note: We did not directly cover survey question writing in class. However, this is an important skill I want to expose you to. You can answer with common sense or Google survey question design.)
- What is wrong with this question?
2.Rewrite it to make it better
21.You are a researcher and would like to understand the New Yorkers preferences for different types of bagels (plain, sesame, poppy seed, whole wheat, etc.)
a)Where would be a bad place to sample? Why?
b)Describe where you would sample. Why?
22. Buses arrive at a bus stop every 30 minutes and people can arrive at any time.
a)What type of distribution describes this situation?
b)What is the probability a person waits at the stop for exactly 5 minutes?