Research either data visualization software or GIS software available to businesses. In a paper, summarize the range of solutions available with examples of how they might be utilized. Then conduct some research and identify an organization that has adopted one of these software solutions. Briefly describe the organization, and then answer the following questions:
- What technology (or technologies) is the organization using?
- Which business units utilize the data presented by the technology?
- What does the technology provide to the organization? What benefits does it offer and/or what problems does it solve?
- Explain the present and future impacts of such a technology from a business perspective.
- Identify areas in which the organization might expand or improve upon using the technology. Explain what they could do and why they should do it.
Your well-written report should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing at least two references, as appropriate. Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- Chapter 11: Data Visualization and Geographic Information Systems inInformation Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Altmann, B. R. (2018). Reliable data are central to confidence in dashboard. Professional Pensions: 20.
- Chen, Z., Song, J., & Yang, Y. (2018). Similarity measurement of metadata of geospatial data: An artificial neural network approach. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, 7(3), 90.
- Elmisery, A., Sertovic, M., & Gupta, B. (2018). Cognitive privacy middleware for deep learning mashup in environmental IoT. IEEE Access, 6(99), 8029â€“8041. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322088445…
- Koubarakis, M., Blekas, K., Krithara, A., Vouros, G., Chalkiadakis, G., Plagianakos, V., â€¦ Petasis, G. (2018). AI in Greece: The case of research on linked geospatial data. AI Magazine, 39(2), 91â€“96.
- Moore, J. (2017). Data visualization in support of executive decision making. Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, 12, 125-138. Retrieved from http://www.ijikm.org/Volume12/IJIKMv12p125-138Moor