nursing and the aging family course reflection apa format
Course Reflection Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4286 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes: – The students will identify the physiological process of aging. – The students will be able to differentiate the adaptative human response to the aging process. – The student will be able to manage and care older adults and their families.
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points (10%). DUE DATE
Submit your completed assignment under the Assignment tab by Friday 11:59 p.m. EST of Week 15 as directed.
1. The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of selfassessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
3. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction â€“ Write an introduction but do not use â€œIntroductionâ€ as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63). a. Course Reflection b. Conclusion
PREPARING YOUR REFLECTION
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR4286 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. â€œConduct comprehensive and focused physical, behavioral, psychological, spiritual, socioeconomic, and environmental assessments of health and illness parameters in patients, using developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches. 2. Recognize the relationship of genetics and genomics to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness, using a constructed pedigree from collected family history information as well as standardized symbols