policy analysis scholarly paper
In this assignment, students will examine the selected bill from Assignment 2 and critically analyze and evaluate the context in which the area of concern or issue relates to the policy making process.
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. State the selected bill including the bill number and title.
2. Identity the area of concern or issue clarifying the underlying and related concerns.
3. Describe the background of the area of concern or issue – assess economic, legal, and regulatory processes that prompted the writing of the bill
4. Identify all direct and/or indirect stakeholders and stakeholder position on the area of concern.
5. Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the bill.
6. Evaluate how issues in the bill will affect stakeholders at an institutional, local, state, and/or federal level.
7. Using the Essentials of Masterâ€™s Education, propose two ways the masterâ€™s prepared nurse leader can act as a change agent, contribute to the policy-making process, and advocate for quality, cost-effective care.
8. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 6 pages excluding the title and reference page.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
10. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
11. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use â€˜weâ€™ or â€˜Iâ€™) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
12. Include a minimum of five (5) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrichâ€™s Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. Instructor can revise these guidelines to include websites.
13. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
14. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the Originality Report, and make any needed changes.