For your course research paper, you will choose a topic based upon compliance standards related to health information initiatives in medical law and ethics from which to create research questions. Once you have chosen your topic, you will submit a proposal consisting of your preliminary research with at least two scholarly references.
Within your proposal, discuss why you chose your topic, at least two possible subtopics, possible research questions you could investigate, and the relevance of your two scholarly references to your research. Make sure that your topics, research questions, and references are related to law and ethics within a health profession.
Your topic proposal should be at least one page, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt. font, with appropriate APA style writing.
Note: This is often the most difficult part of the research process. Here are some tips to getting started with your research paper:
- Write down multiple research topics and choose the one you find most appealing.
- Use personal or professional experience to establish a research topic.
- Ask your professor for guidance.
- Utilize the CSU Online Library and the resident librarians for research help.
- Take advantage of the supplemental readings.
- Peruse your textbook for interesting topics.
- Review the course objectives and see if any spark interest.