Original work, meaning 100% no copy past
1200 to 1500 words
You own a small gardening and landscaping business and employ 4 full-time employees and 8 part-time employees who work on a seasonal basis when you need the additional help, especially in the spring and summer months. The part-time workersâ€™ salaries are 20 percent higher than the industry average.
The full-time employees do outstanding work year-round. Yet, it is difficult to motivate the seasonal employees in the spring when the weather is rainy. It is also a challenge when the weather is hot as you move into the summer months. For the most part, the full- and part-time workers meet their productivity goals, but often the seasonal workers lack initiative on such things as making sure the clientâ€™s yard is spotless when the work is complete and more.
You are seeking some type of rewards and recognition program to motivate the seasonal employees to be more customer-service oriented when on the job at various commercial and residential sites.
Following these guidelines, write a proposal about how you will solve this problem:
- Define the steps to solve this problem.
- Research and apply at least 1 creative approach to determining a solution to the problem of motivating your seasonal workers to do their best work. Explain why you believe this is the best approach to solve this problem.
- Brainstorm 5 potential programs that could motivate and reward seasonal employees, and do not include “raising their wages.”
- Include a section about what rewards and recognition program you decided upon, and why.
- In your summary, evaluate the creative approach you suggested.
- Why do you think your solution will be effective?
- Why do you think this approach will help solve the problem relative to cost, benefits, and practicality?
- How and why this is an innovative solution?
- How and why do you think the solution will fit the problem?
- Decide on 1 alternative creative approach to solving the same business problem.
- Add any other ideas that will help solve the problem of how to motivate the seasonal employees.