This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 3: Plan prevention and population-focused interventions for vulnerable populations using professional clinical judgment and evidence-based practice. (PO 4 and 8)
- CO 6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Preparing for disasters, terrorist threats, or communicable disease outbreaks is an important part of public health nursing.
- Share an overview of a natural or human-made disaster that has occurred in your area in the last 20 years.
- Include a URL and reference to the event. This may be a news article.
- Describe how your community was impacted.
- Describe lessons learned and changes made to preparedness.